To go to the facebook page for The Body Freedom Movement, go here: https://www.facebook.com/thebodyfreedommovement
One of the biggest things to remember this Holiday season is that everyone who works in the Customer Service industry goes through a black out period for vacations. Those who work in retail and in restaurants often cannot take the time off to be with their families during the Holidays so that they can be at work to SERVE YOU! So be nice, tip well and remember they are giving up their time and their Holidays to better serve you as the customer!!!
Ways you can improve your customer experience and help the people trying to help you:
- Be patient
- Be kind
- Tell us a joke or give us a smile. It can really really help when the days get long and rough.
- Appreciate the gift we are giving you so you can spend that time with your family.
- Allow us a couple of mistakes. We see generally over 100 people an hour so we are bound to fuck something up.
- Remember to breathe when you get frustrated, close your eyes and disappear to the beach for a few seconds if you have to but PLEASE do not take your frustration out on us, we are doing the BEST we can.
- Feed your kids. If you are going to drag your children mercilessly store to store then feed them. Tantrums aren’t fun for ANYONE.
- Drink PLENTY of water and make sure YOU eat too. Dehydration and hunger can turn even the sweetest Who down in Whoville into Cruela DeVil.
- SAY THANK YOU!!!
Thanks for reading guys, you are all truly awesome.
Sometimes I forget just how dependent I have gotten on electronics as I’ve gotten older and need time to decompress. Today really hit home for me when I got home from work exhausted. I’ve been super sick lately but I haven’t been able to take nearly the time I should have been to be resting. So tonight I vowed to step back, take a break and relax for a while. How was I going to do that? Romance myself of course! It’s always important to pamper one’s self.
So I did just that. I lit a candle, made some tea, threw on some calm meditation music and most importantly I turned off my goddamn cellphone. Then I tried to figure out how to work the bathtub so I could run a bubble bath with chamomile… This did not work out so well. Actually, it just didn’t work out. The entire time I was trying to figure out how to work the goddamn plug (my brain is FRIED) I kept reaching for my cellphone, looking to check it for the time or perhaps a text or a call. I checked it ten times in less than 6 minutes. Well of course as soon as I realized what I was doing I had to put down the phone, step back and wonder just how attached I have gotten to my electronics.
Every single day we are constantly connected, constantly networking and we rarely (if really ever) take the time to shut off the TV, power down the cell phone, close the laptop and really just enjoy time to ourselves. We live in an incredibly high stress environment all the time, we as a culture constantly run our electronics like a white noise in the background. So guys, just make sure you take time to shut things off for a while and relax. Escape the white noise and actually listen to the world around you. Everyone deserves a reset every once in a while.